During my massage Jennifer mentioned gratitude as an easy way to help relieve stress, as the mental effects definitely resonate physically. While I try to be thankful every day, there’s always room for more. Here are a few things that I appreciate right now (try not to get grossed out by my enthusiasm):
- The aforementioned massage. I try to get at least 90 minutes a month. I wish I could go every day. It makes me feel better in every way imaginable. And my masseuse is a gift from God.
- My black linen pants that feel like sweatpants. Nice enough for work, yet accommodating after a week of indulging.
- Typewriters, notecards, and wooden boxes. The picture below is my idea of beauty.
- This quote Annette sent me: “I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle but, if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best. ” -Marilyn Monroe
- A weekend full of nothing. I love to plan, but there’s something pretty great about turning off the phone and computer, shutting out the world, and just being for a couple of days.
- My wonderful friends, particularly Jenn and Annette. I can’t say enough good things about them. I’d be lost without them in my life.
- This print:
I have it framed and hanging up in our bedroom. I never want Jason to forget I love him and I’m on his side.