- Flannel pajamas. They’re like wearing a hug.
- Quilts. Yes, maybe there’s a tactile thing going on here. But I love the way it feels when I run my hand over the smooth, soft cotton of a quilt that’s been washed a hundred times.
- The Gilmore Girls. I spent some time this weekend curled up in my flannel pjs, snug under flannel sheets and a cozy quilt, immersed in Stars Hollow. Sappy and sentimental, yes. But since I’ve felt so sick and fragile lately going to a small town where everyone is clever and has good intentions and good taste fills me with a sense of calm.
- Battlestar Galactica. Jason and I watched the entire series over the past few months, and I really enjoyed it. The story was complex and layered and the production values were great. We’ll check out Caprica when it premieres on Syfy, but I don’t hold the same hopes. Plus, it won’t have the fun of counting how many times Edward James Olmos hits his head or pounds a drink in an episode.
- In the Loop. I love it when a movie makes me feel smart just for watching it. And the profanity was top-notch.
Um, I guess most of what’s made me happy over the past few days has to deal with being warm/sleeping or entertainment. That’s expected when recovering from a looooong cold and a bad back, right? I have a feeling there will be more variety as this week (my last week at my current job) comes to a close and the shroud of gloom slowly lifts. Until then, I’ll be snug and warm, clicking away with the remote control.